Saturday, October 5, 2013

From the beginning...

Hello from Kyrusozi!

All is well in Uganda, but let me first start from the beginning.

I went to Uganda in 2009 for the first time, and fell in love. I was able to return in 2012, but only for about three weeks due to my job, and enjoyed my time, but felt it was just too short. To me this place became a second home, and one I could not easily forget. Thus I made the decision to leave a job I loved and the comfort of my home to embark on a new adventure in Uganda. A lot of people thought I was crazy to not only leave a  job I loved (in this economy none the less,) but to go to a place that to them was full of unknowns. Yes, it is a risk- will I get sick, what will I do without clean running water and working electricity and a paycheck every two weeks, and will I be able to get a job when I return? To me it was an easy decision. I said yes! I had been praying that I would be able to return to Uganda some day for an extended period of time, and the day has finally arrived. As Phil McGraw once said, "go find your passion and embrace it. When you do you will spring out of bed in the morning, and sleep fast at night because you love what you are doing. There are many kinds of currency in life, not just monetary. I promise you will never regret this work for a moment, because life is not a dress rehersal. This is your life- you're one shot."

I have found my passion, and I am ready to live it out.



No comments:

Post a Comment